Being a healthy weight is challenging to many in the fast-paced world we live in. We’re often tired and busy and the mere thought of food and making it healthy can be a mission.
With options like Uber Eats and home delivery to boot, eating the slightly less healthy options is now easier than ever. The question is, is this the best way to live with all those hidden salts and sugars that make delivered food taste yummy? All those hidden “yummies” might not be helping us keep in the shape we would like to be.
Maintaining a healthy weight is greatly beneficial to your health. Benefits in terms of staying well, feeling better about yourself, having more energy, and being able to do all those little things that gradually get taken away by an expanding waistline.
Crash or fad diets come and go, often leaving you to regain even more weight than when you started. Instead, think about the small changes you can start making every day that will not only help you manage your weight, but also be healthier so that you can get the most out of life. It’s easier if you have a bit of support, so get your family and friends on board. You might even inspire them to do something for themselves too
For some extra help, take a look at our diet tips and advice.
How do I manage my weight?
You’ve probably heard the basic formula for managing weight before. It’s about balancing the calories you consume through food and drinks, which you then burn off with physical activity. Essentially, food gives us the energy that you burn off through keeping your body alive and physically active. If those kilos seem to keep stacking on then to lose weight, you will need to consume less energy than you burn off. The main ways to do this are:
- Choose lower calorie foods
- Eat a bit less of most things (except non-starchy vegetables and fruit)
- Move more or exercise more.
- Eat mindfully and enjoy your food rather than obsessing about calories or nutrients. Also, when you eat mindfully, you are less likely to overindulge.
- Using your hands can be a simple way to see how much food you should be eating.
- Use smaller plates to control portion sizes and sit down at the table to eat.
- Make movement a part of your day. Aim to do some form of physical exercise most days. You don’t have to complete all your exercise at once. Break it up into smaller portions as you start to exercise more.
- Ensure your diet is full of non-starchy vegetables as you will feel fuller for longer.
- Limit alcohol intake. For example, leave alcohol for the weekends and make weekdays an alcohol free zone.
- Eat fewer and smaller amounts of treat foods.
- Eat regular meals with the right amount of food, so you feel satisfied, not overly full.
Here are some simple weight loss tips to help get you started:
If managing your weight needs a little extra help, SLIMFIT may be a fantastic companion on your journey.
What product may be right for you?
Identifying your goals is important. Do you want to lose weight while still being able to occasionally indulge? If yes, then SLIMFIT Fat Binder or Calorie Reducer may be the better options.
If you feel like your diet can sometimes be a little higher in Fat, then Fat Binder may be best for you. However, if calorie intake is your concern and the calories gained from carbohydrates, sugars and fat, then Calorie Reducer may be the better option for you.
On the other hand, if controlling portion size and managing your appetite are your goals, then Appetite Reducer may the better option for you.
If you are already on a journey to manage your weight and are using meal replacements and are finding you just don’t feel full. Then using SLIMFIT Appetite Reducer alongside a meal replacement shake, soup or bar might be just the ticket to help satiety.